Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Weeks are Flying By

Let's see.  The last time I left you, I was the day right before the Packer game.  I guess I have to start this blog post on a sour note, due to the fact that they lost :'(.  We had it, and then, poof, it was all gone.  It sure was an experience being able to cheer on our home team all the way from London.  But it would have been even cooler for them to have made it to the Super bowl.  Oh well there's always next year.  Go Pack Go!

So let me catch you up on last week.  For my art and architecture class we got to visit the Queen's house which is located in Greenwich.  Although it was cold outside, we were able to capture some beautiful photographs of the building.  We spent a lot of time talking about the exterior façade and why Inigo Jones decided to make the choices he did, such as the columns.  For my Shakespeare class this week we read Hamlet.  I had already read this play previously in High School so it was pretty easy.  I actually really enjoy my Shakespeare class, even if we have to read a different play every week.




As for my internship I continued to help organize files, but now I am tasked with building their digital material library.  Such as I had to go and save different material textures so that they can use them when rendering images.  I continued to do that this week as well.  I also am building their CAD Block library.  For those of you who have never used CAD, I blocks are any simple object that can be imported into a drawing, such as furniture, plants, or people.  In addition to this I also had to search for PNG images, which are images that don't have a background, and save them.  Those will be used later on for when we use Photoshop.

This past weekend we went to the Portobello Market, which has a lot of antiques and collectables.  There was some really cool stuff there, but a lot of it was a bit pricey.  There was a beat boxer that was performing on the street there and anyone who knows me knows that I love beat boxing.  He was really good and of course I had to take a video.  The food there is also really good!  I got a Nutella crepe that had fresh strawberries in it and it was absolutely delicious.  For dinner I had Paella for the first time and I love it.  It was the first time I had prawns and mussels.  I for sure have found out that I like anything that is seafood.  There is so much to look at at this market and we didn't even walk all the way through.  I definitely want to go back and check it out again.




For my art and architecture class this week ,we went and visited St. Paul's Cathedral.  The cathedral is absolutely stunning and it was a lot larger than I expected!  We weren't allowed to take pictures on the inside, but I didn't know that until I snapped a few in the beginning, oops.  As for my Shakespeare class we are reading Romeo & Juliet this week, which I have also read before, and its not really a favorite of mine.  Tomorrow we get to go see it at the New Diorama Theatre.  I'll have to let you know how it goes!  Cheers, - Heather










No comments:

Post a Comment