Thursday, February 5, 2015

Feeling Like a True Londoner

Hey there!  Me again.  If you haven't noticed from my previous blog posts...I. Love. London!!!  There is always something to do or something to see and you are never bored.  And if you, then are you are doing something terribly wrong.  Any who, let me go on and tell you how my week went.

On Thursday we went and saw Romeo and Juliet at the New Diorama Theatre.  I really wasn't looking forward to this play, because I really do not like the story, but the production was amazing!  When walking in we were really confused, because the actors were warming up and they were in very casual dress.  None of us know that the play was going to have a modern twist, but we were all pleasantly surprised.  The actors were very believable and they really made the story come to life and they brought it into the modern times.  All in all I really enjoyed it and I would definitely consider going to another play of the company's.  Next week we get to read Julius Caesar.
















For the weekend a group us went and checked out the Spitalfields Market.  The market was so cute and it had a lot of cute clothes, art, and antiques.  It was definitely my favorite market so far.  We also got cupcakes at the market from Lola's Cupcakes.  They were so delicious!  I got raspberry and chocolate and then we all split an Oreo one.  After the market we made our way to Tate Modern which is a museum full of modern art.  We walked along the Thames River and it was beautiful!  I will definitely miss how scenic it is here.  We then crossed the millennium bridge to the museum.  As for the museum itself, it was very interesting.  There were a lot of neat things there, but then there were a lot of strange things as well.  I guess that is what you get with are though.  This weekend it definitely hit me that I am in London and I still cant believe it!!!  I never want to leave!






Following the weekend, on Monday for my Art and Architecture class we went to see the Banqueting House.  It was really pretty inside and the history of it was quite interesting.  For my internship this week I continued to help out with the material library and I also started saving images of design ideas that they will use for inspiration in the future. 




Tomorrow I leave for Paris and I can not wait!  It will be so neat to see the Eiffel Tower and I can't wait to take lots of pictures.  I will let you all know how it goes.  Talk to you soon :) - Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment