Saturday, January 17, 2015

Another Week Down

As the weeks are ending it seems like days are going by so fast now.  Before I know it I will be back in the US looking back on the wonderful experience that I am lucky to be having right now and the wonderful people that I have met.  I am definitely getting more comfortable with the city and I even figured out my way walking to work, with a little help of course ;).  London is so large and I can not wait to see more of it.  This week I planned my first trip out of the country and it is to the beautiful city Paris.  I will be there on February 6th-8th and I absolutely can't wait!

Well this week definitely started off with a bang.  On Sunday night we of course had to go and watch the Packer game, so we went to a pub called Belushi's which was in Camden.  It was so awesome being able to support the green and gold all the way from London, and of course they won :).  We are planning on going to that same pub next week, and they even said that they will have a table ready for us.  I am so excited.  Go Pack Go!




This week for my internship I continued to organize their sample library.  This was a good opportunity for me to get to know some of the manufacturers that are used here in the UK.  After I finished this task I moved onto organizing the brochures and books that are in the office.  It's a good thing I like organizing haha.  Next week I get to organize all the files on the network, which will be a very large and important job.  And I might even get to help build a model for one of their projects!

As for my classes this week, on Monday I had my art and architecture lecture.  We went to the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery.  We walked around and discussed the differences in the portraits from various times in history.  This week for my Shakespeare class we were assigned to read Henry IV part II.  And on Thursday after class we got to see the play at the Barbican Centre.  Although we didn't have the best seats, they were all the way in the back up top, it was still cool watching a Shakespeare play in London. 




On Friday a group of us decided to just walk down Oxford street and hang out.  My new favorite store is definitely Primark.  Their prices are super inexpensive and its pretty good quality.  Then on Saturday we all went to The Borough Market, which is one of the largest food markets.  They have so many free samples that you could just make a meal out of it.  I can officially say that I have tried truffle oil, its not that great.  Besides that I also had one of the best tasting pineapple pieces I have ever had in my life.  The produce there tastes so fresh.

I am hoping to try and post a blog post at least once a week to keep you all updated.  Also, feel free to contact me on Facebook.  Well until next time I hope you all have a wonderful week! -Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment